Monday, April 5, 2010

Press Releases shines positive light on McCoy



The official press releases and interviews published after Pro Timing day shine a positive light on Colt McCoy and the Texas Longhorn Football program.

Pro Timing day, held on March 31 this year, allows former longhorn football players to showcase their skills in front of National Football League representatives.

For the 2010 Pro Timing day, all eyes are on the former Longhorn quarterback, Colt McCoy, who was injured during the National Championship game in January.

"I've been waiting for a long time for this day about three weeks ago my shoulder was cleared to be 100 percent”, said McCoy, “ I started working and chunking the ball deep and getting my accuracy back and my quick release and working on my feet. I kind of put it all together today. I felt really good about it today."

Quan Cosby, former Texas WR, took break from his Cincinnati Bengals team schedule to return to Austin, Texas, and catch passes from McCoy on Pro Timing day.

“They understand up there in [Cincinnati] what Colt means to me as a friend”, said Cosby, “I mean pretty much like a brother, so they allowed me to come back down and help him out and it was fun.”

The support McCoy received on Pro Timing Day from his teammates, family and friends and the Texas football program’s Media Relations Department are obviously helping him make a lasting impression on the National Football League representatives and public.

When Texas’ Media Relations Department asked about McCoy’s performance, Seattle Seahawks head coach, Pete Carroll said, “I loved seeing him on the move. He is such a natural athlete, moves so well, and his foot quickness was good – his footwork was really good for all of the shotgun time he spent. That is one of the issues that everybody is looking at. He looked very comfortable and very natural out there.”

I think publishing positive press releases about McCoy during the draft process is a smart publicity move for the Texas football Media Relations department. These press releases promote McCoy as not only a great athlete, but also as an outstanding young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment